Thursday, June 26, 2014

My Trip Around the World Challenge


I was talking with my mom a few weeks ago when she told me about Brigitte Giblin's Trip Around the World Challenge Facebook group.  Although I do have a few projects in progress, I'm always keen to start something new and this challenge gives me enough external motivation to stick with it.  We hung up the phone and I was already pulling fabrics out of my stash.  Despite bringing quite a lot of fabric back from Japan, I have a lot of small quantities so it wasn't easy to decide what to use.  I spread out all of my favorites and played around with them for hours.  I was about to give up when I decided just to take the top fabrics off the pile.  


I wasn't convinced that I had picked the best fabrics but I am enjoying how they all come together.  The piece grew steadily at first and after finishing row 5, I was on a roll!  As I have gotten further through the rounds though, I've gotten busier and seem to have less and less time to dedicate to my project each evening.


I've got 8 rows down now and I'm just itching to pick out the fabrics for the next assignment, rows 10-18.  We have a bit less time to finish these first assignments than I was counting on, but I'm still optimistic. It's obviously called a challenge for a reason.


2 comments:

  1. Looking good! Each row now takes longer and longer ~ less immediate gratification than those first rounds. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great so far! I love how you just chose the top five fabrics in the pile. I can see myself agonizing over the decision for hours!

    ReplyDelete